Master of Illustration

Have U heard for David Downton?
First time that I've heard of him,was when I have bought my first illustration book by Bethan Morris "FASHION ILLUSTRATION".
I was on my last year of studies and illustration was one of my selected subjects.
Despite fact that I was far better in textile design than in fashion and that all knowledge I have reciaved was from high school,in university my fashion background impoved a lot thanx especially to Illustration classes.
Illustration is definetely one of the best and the most beautiful ways to express your sense of fashion.It put your creativity in new world of possibilities.

 
David Downton was born in England in 1959.He studied at Canterbury and Wolverhampton (BA hons illustration/graphics 1979-1981).In 1984 he moved to Brighton and began his illustration career. For the next 12 years he worked in several department such as advertising and packaging to illustrating fiction,cook books and, occasionally,fashion.
In 1996,the Financial Times commissioned him to draw at the couture shows and since then David has become known principally as a fashion illustrator.
David’s commercial client list includes: Tiffany & Co, Bloomingdales, Barney’s, Harrods, Top Shop, Chanel, Dior, L’Oreal, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, V Magazine and the V&A Museum. In 1998, he began working on a portfolio of portraits (from life) of some of the world’s most beautiful women,including Erin O’Connor, Paloma Picasso, Catherine Deneuve, Linda Evangelista,Iman and Dita Von Teese.
In my opinion,he is one of the best or maybe "the one" fashion illustrator in the world.
See what I mean:
 

Коментари

Najviše ste čitali